Full Day Istanbul Tour: Monasteries And Churches
Full Day Istanbul Tour: Monasteries And Churches is full day historical tour to discover the Roman and Byzantine Period and the ruins they left in Istanbul.
The full day Monasteries and Churches tour is the another way to discover the city of Istanbul and Roman and Byzantine Period with their sign in Istanbul.
So, the details of the itinerary will be as follow;
- 09:00 Departing from hotel with pick up service. Meeting with tour guide and group to continue to tour.
- Greek Orthodox Patriarchate: Became the Head of global Christian Orthodoxcommunity after christianity was declared as the official religion of the empire by emperor Constantine The Grea. Even after the conquest of the city by the Ottomans the seat of Patriarch was encouraged to remain in the city.
- Church of Panagia Blachernae: This is a well known shrine of the Holy Virgin located near the Golden Horn. Famous with the “ hagiasma “(fountain of holywater) there, and was known for healing various diseases.
- Byzantine Walls (Only from bus): The walls surrounded and protected city on all sides from invasions. Totally 22 km. consisting of; 8 km. on landside, 6 km. on Golden Horn side and 8 km. on the Sea of Marmara side. The walls were also fortified with trenches and many watchtowers.
- ST.Savior in Chora Museum: Originally this was a Byzantine monastery, dedicated to Jesus Christ Savior and Pantocrator, has got great many mosaics and frescoes, portraying scenes from the Holy Bible, the life and miracles of Jesus.
- Anemas Dungeons (Only from outside): The important statesmen of the time were imprisoned there. Actually dungeons were associated with the byzantine palace called “ Blachhernae “
- Palace of Porphyrogentus (Only from outside) : Dates back from 12th C. It is the only structure left today as an example of typical roman palace structure. The palace was built right behind the city walls.
- Chuch of Pammakaristos: Originally dates back from 6th Century buttoday’s structure was founded in 13th C.by John Comnenus and his wife Anna Doukaina. And in15th C. also The Greek Orthodox Patriarchate used this church as its headquarters. There are someadorable, well preserved Byzantines to observe.
- Aqueduct of Valens (Only from bus): By the help of this 4th C. aqueduct clean water was provided to the baths and cisterns of Constantinople. 800 mts of the aqueduct survives today.
- Chuch of Pantokrator: This was a Byzantine monastery dedicated to Christ, Pantakrotor meaning “ almighty”. It consists of 3 different churches built in 12th C. Churches were dedicated to the trinity ; “Father, Son & The Holy Spirit “
- 17:00 The end of the activities of the day, then return to pick up location.
Pick-up and Drop-off
How to organize the departure & ruturn Istanbul Tour: Monasteries & Churches?
- The Departure is after meeting with tour guide and driver at the hotel.
- The return is with drop off service at the hotel, after visiting the sites.
|Pick up and meeting points of Full Day Istanbul Tour: Monasteries & Churches|
|Meeting Hotel or Meeting point in Istanbul||Pick Up||Drop Off|
|From Sultanahmet, Sirkeci, Istanbul||08:00 - 08:30||17:00 - 17:30|
|From Taksim, Beyoglu, Galata, Istanbul||08:00 - 08:30||17:00 - 17:30|
|From Besiktas, Istanbul (Meeting Point)||08:00 - 08:30||17:00 - 17:30|
|From Laleli, Aksaray, Beyazıt, Istanbul||08:00 - 08:30||17:00 - 17:30|
Language of The Guide
Full Day Istanbul Tour: Monasteries & Churches is full day historical tour to Byzantine churches, cisterns, dungeons, columns, Byzantine Stone houses and other things. City of Istanbul was the Capital city of Byzantine and you may discover the Byzantine Empire and learn more about the history, culture.
- Visit the history sites of Roman and Byzantine empires.
- Experience the christianity heritage in Istanbul.
- Explore the most important historical christianity monuments and experience the chirstianity in Istanbul.
- Professional tour guide.
- All mentioned sites.
- All entrance fees during the tours.
- Hotel pick up services are free for this tour.
- All needed transportation during the tour is by non-smoking and airconditioned touristical vehicles.
- Local Taxes.
- Service Charges.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips to tour guide and driver (Not compulsory).
- Optional tours.
- Istanbul daily Tours has walking and not recommended for the people who has difficulties with walking.
- When you book the one of Istanbul Daily Tours the confirmation will be received at time of booking.
- We kindly request our guests to be ready 10 minutes before pick up time of Any Istanbul Daily Tours.
- Under 18 years Children who is going to join to one of Istanbul daily tours, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Hotel Transfers (Pick up and Drop off) are included from the central hotels in District of Fatih, Beyoğlu, Beşiktaş).
- The Other districts in European Side, 15 euro per person per way (single 20 euros per way).
- Hotel pick up in Asia side: 40 Euro per person, per way. 50 Euro Single person per way from the central hotels. You can pay when you be picked up from hotel.
- Asian side hotels has no pick up service. (If you want to join to the tours while you are staying in asian site, the meeting poin will be letting you know).
- 1 Day Tour Packages
- 2 Day Tour Packages
- 3 Day Tour Packages
- 4 Day Tour Packages
- 5 Day Tour Packages
- 6 Day Tour Packages
- 7 Day Tour Packages
- 8 Day Tour Packages
- 9 Day Tour Packages
- Antalya Tours
- Anzac Day Tours
- Aphrodisias Tours
- Aydin Tours
- Bursa Tours
- Cappadocia Tours
- Day Trips From Istanbul
- Didyma Tours
- Ephesus Tours
- Full Day Istanbul Tours
- Gallipoli Tours
- Gallipoli Tours From Istanbul
- Half Day Istanbul Tours
- Honeymoon Packages
- Istanbul Airport Layover Tours
- Istanbul Airport Transfers
- Istanbul Bosphorus Tours
- Istanbul Daily Tours
- Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport Transfers
- Istanbul Shore Excursions
- Istanbul Tour Packages
- Izmir Tours
- Konya Tours
- Laodicea Tours
- Miletus Tours
- Mini Tour Packages
- New Year Activities
- New Year Packages
- Pamukkale Tours
- Pergamon Tours
- Priene Tours
- Private Istanbul Tours
- Private Turkey Tours
- Sanliurfa Tours
- Tour Packages From Antalya
- Tour Packages From Istanbul
- Tour Packages Including Antalya
- Tour Packages Including Cappadocia
- Tour Packages Including Ephesus
- Tour Packages Including Gallipoli
- Tour Packages Including Istanbul
- Tour Packages Including Pamukkale
- Tour Packages Including Pergamon
- Tour Packages Including Troy
- Troy Tours
- Turkey Tour Packages
- Turkey Winter Packages
- Turkish Night Show Activities
- Walking Tours Istanbul